Our values are really a summary of what has been stated in our Purpose, Priorities, and Vision. They express the core foundations on which we seek to build our life.
1. We value God's MERCY. We believe that mercy is fundamental to all that God does in salvation. We therefore aim to extend mercy to one another and to all to whom we minister. (Romans 2:4; Eph. 2:13; 3:12; John 8:1-11)
2. We value WORSHIP. We believe worship establishes the posture for everything else we do in our ministry and therefore place a high priority on the opportunity to worship God with all of our hearts. (Luke 10:38-42)
3. We value GOD'S WORD and SPIRIT. We honor the Scriptures as God's Living Word to govern and guide our faith and practice. We want to understand their proper, practical and prophetic meaning for us, and to live our lives accordingly. (II Tim. 3:16-17) We depend on the ongoing ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit to guide and accomplish His purposes. (Acts 1:8)
4. We value PRAYER. We believe prayer is at the heart of developing a personal relationship with God. We understand the power of prayer not as that of pulling God's strings, but of allowing ourselves to come into movement with Him. (Matt. 5:6-13; Eph. 6:18)
5. We value EXTENDING GOD'S KINGDOM. We seek to demonstrate the invading presence of God's Kingdom (i.e., God's reign) through prayer and practical acts of service which extend spiritual, emotional, social and physical healing. (Luke 4:18-19, 43; Matt. 6:9-10, Matt. 10:7-8)
6. The Kingdom of God is not an earthly political Kingdom, but the power of God's reign over all forms of oppression and bondage. Therefore the ministry of the Kingdom includes social justice, spiritual deliverance and healing.
7. We aim to move in the signs and wonders of the present fulfillment of the Kingdom. We understand this is an ongoing battle and are therefore neither powerless nor presumptuous in the process.
8. We value RELATIONSHIPS. We recognize the value of one another in our process towards spiritual maturity and seek to develop supportive relationships based in love and truth. (Eph. 2:19; 4:15-16, 25-29; Heb. 10:25)
9. We value AUTHENTICITY. We wish to be open, honest, and objective concerning our experience with God, and to do nothing "for effect." (1 Cor. 2:1-5)
10. We value HELPING LOST PEOPLE FIND GOD. Recognizing that Jesus came not to condemn the world, but "to seek and save that which was lost," we value honest and loving relationships with those who don't yet know Him. (John 3:17; Luke 15, 19:10)
11. We value CONTEMPORARY AND CREATIVE EXPRESSION. Without compromise to the meaning of the Gospel, we value forms of expression which are meaningful to our contemporary culture. Similarly, we desire to put on nothing "religious" in language, dress, or style of ministry. (1 Cor. 9:22-23)
12. We value EVERY MEMBER AS A MINISTER. Recognizing that God has "shaped" each of us for significance in the body of Christ, we are committed to equip, empower, and encourage every member for ministry. (Eph. 4:11-13)
13. We value UNITY IN DIVERSITY. We seek to be a living example of reconciliation and the Gospel's power to break down barriers of fear and injustice; to see ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, and gender diversity be redeemed as a quality that reflects and honors God. (Gal. 3:26-28; 1 Peter 1:22)
14. We value MUTUAL SUPPORT OF INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES. We seek a community life where single adults are seen equally as "first class" members of the larger community, marriages are honored, and families are supported in love for their children. (1 Cor. 7)
15. We value CHILDREN. We desire to see children as Jesus taught us to. We seek to welcome them in His presence, gladly invest our hearts, time, and resources in imparting the knowledge of God and the future of His ministry to them, and bless each successive generation to rise up and reach their own generation. (Mark 10:13-16)
Read about Our Purpose
Read about Our Priorities (How we fulfill Our Purpose)
Read about Our Mission
Read about Our Vision
©2009 VCF Westside. All Rights Reserved.